I have been using healthier, alternative products in my home and for my personal care for over a decade. So, when a practice member asked me what I use for myself instead of the harsh, chemical-laden, toxic products commonly used today, I decided to make a list.
Now, my list might not be perfect. I try to use products that are affordable, easy to purchase (locally or online), and as clean as reasonably possible.
Here it is:
- Air Freshener: Young Living Essential Oil in a diffuser
- Toothpaste: Jason’s Tea Tree/Cinnamon, Fluoride Free toothpaste
- Dental Floss: Dr. Tung’s
- Laundry Detergent: Trader Joe’s Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Hand/Bath Soaps: Dr. Bronner’s (solid & liquid soaps, can be used as shampoo)
- Facial Cleanser: Dr. Bronner’s
- Cleaning Products: Vinegar and water, yep, that’s it!
- Shampoo/Conditioner: Shea Moisture
- Body Lotion: Coconut Oil
- Body Wash: Whole Foods 365
- Lip Balm: Super Lysine Plus (even if you don’t get cold sores, this stuff is great!)
- Perfume: Young Living Essential Oils
- Dish Soap: Whole Foods 365, yikes, actually not a very clean one. I need to work on this!
- Deodorant: Ok. This one is tricky. I haven’t found a natural, non-toxic deodorant that works very well. (Lime juice is amazing, but eventually burns the skin.) I am currently experimenting with making my own.
Please leave a comment on FaceBook if you have products that you use to help you steer clear of as many toxic chemicals as possible.